Monday, January 10, 2011

3D Sea alien thing!

Some kind of undersea alien thing I made while testing out some new techniques in zbrush. Inspired by James Van den Bogart.  You can see some of his stuff over here on vimeo: James Van den Bogart.  I love this stuff, I think I'm better at sculpting than drawing considering that this is only my 2nd real attempt at sculpting digitally.  The ability to handle and push the forms and shape them with my fingertips in 3 dimensions really helps be solve a lot of ideation issues I get on a 2d plane like a piece of paper. My hope is to integrate the 3d into my 2d workflow to help me out with a comic I want to make.  Still have tons to learn about image making, but one thing at a time I guess.  The 3d models will mostly be for solving drawing issues.  I'd model my character based of a few sketches, and then when I'm drawing the comic and I'm stuck noodling around the lines to make it look like my character cos I have no idea what they look like at the angle I'm trying to draw them, I just pop up the 3d model and see what they look like at that angle.

And the beginning of an environment painting I started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment